Using Snapchat for days or months and wondering what exactly does the yellow heart next to the person’s name in Snapchat mean?
Maybe in your case, it’s not yellow, it’s red.
Or maybe you are seeing a smiling emoji.
Randomly placing emojis next to your friends’ names is Snapchat’s way of getting people excited about using their application. These emojis range from babyface to heart ones. And if you have got the yellow heart next to your friend’s name on Snapchat and don’t really know what it means, allow me to help you understand what it actually means.
At the same time, don’t worry if you are seeing a totally different emoji other than a random yellow heart.
Throughout this blog post, we’ll be looking at:
- What Does the Yellow Heart Next to Someone’s Name Mean on Snapchat?
- What Do Emojis Next to Someone’s Name Mean on Snapchat?
- Why Exactly Does Snapchat Have a World Full of Emojis?
Let’s dive a bit more into these topics.
What Does the Yellow Heart Next to Someone’s Name Mean on Snapchat?
Snapchat has nailed the art of conveying stories and building relationships between people using emojis. The emojis that you see next to your friends’ names are nothing but to show you the progress of your relationship with them on the application.
If you’re reading this section, I’m assuming that you can see the yellow heart emoji next to your friend’s name.
Technically, it’s not yellow – it’s golden, but on Snapchat, the difference isn’t clear.
But if you are getting the yellow/golden heart next to your friend’s name, then that means you are that person’s #1 best friend and he is your #1 best friend. If you see the yellow heart, then that means that that person sends the most snaps to you and you send the most snaps to them.
Snapchat often refers to the golden/yellow heart as the besties emoji.
And if you are getting the yellow/golden heart next to your friend’s face, then you can be rest assured that the person is sending the most snaps to you of all the friends he/she has in his/her Friends list, and you are doing the same.
You guys are #1 Best Friends. Wohoo!!
How Long Does It Take to Get the Yellow Heart Next to a Person’s Name on Snapchat?
It’s not clear how much time it takes to get the yellow heart. But when compared to other heart emojis, it’s fairly easy. To get the yellow/golden heart, both the users need to send snaps to each other frequently and have an interaction every day.
You will not get the yellow heart if the other person is sending more snaps to a third person. Or if you both don’t interact with each other frequently.
To get the yellow heart, having a consistent interaction is important. To become besties, both of you need to be prioritizing each other over everyone else.
What Do Emojis Next to Someone’s Name Mean on Snapchat?
And that’s the yellow/golden heart we talked about. But if you are getting the red heart or maybe a smiling emoji, then you may be wondering what exactly do these emojis or hearts mean?
Don’t get overwhelmed.
If you’re a new Snapchat user, it may get confusing. It even gets confusing for regular users as well.
Allow me to help you navigate the realm of Snapchat emojis and understand the meaning of every single one of them.
- ❤️ Red Heart – If you’re getting the red heart next to a person’s name, then you have been the other person’s #1 BF for two weeks straight.
- 💕 Pink Hearts – If you can see two pink hearts next to a person’s name, then you have been the other person’s #1 BF for two months straight. Congratulations!
- 🌟 Gold Star – If you see the gold star, then it means the person has replayed your snaps in the past 24 hours.
- 👶 Baby – If you see a baby, then you recently became friends with the other person.
- 😊 Smiling Face – If you can see a smiling face, then you send this person a lot of snaps. Technically, he/she is your best friend but not your #1 best friend.
- 😎 Face with Sunglasses – This emoji means one of your best friends is one of other person’s best friends. If you get the face with sunglasses emoji next to your friend’s name, then both of you are sending a lot of snaps to one or many mutual friends.
- 😏 Smirking Face – You are one of the best friends of the other person. While they send you a lot of snaps, you don’t do the same. Huh!!! We guess you’ve been trained by Lucifer!
- 😬 Grimacing Face – If you see the grimacing face next to a person’s name, then it means that your #1 best friend is that person’s #1 best friend as well. You both are sending the most snaps to the same exact person! Ahha! That’s interesting. Who’s the lucky guy/girl?
- 🎂 Birthday Cake – It’s your friend’s birthday today. But this one will only be displayed if your friend has the “Birthday Party” feature enabled in his/her Snapchat settings.
- 🔥 Fire – Both of you are on a Snapstreak. You have constantly sent and received snaps from each other for quite some time.
- 💯 Hundred – A staggering 100 days Snapstreak. This means both have sent and received snaps from each other 100 days straight.
- ⏳ Hourglass – Snapstreak about to end. You need to do something about it. Send the other person a snap to keep the streak alive.
Why Exactly Does Snapchat Have a World Full of Emojis?
The sole purpose behind this is to build relationships between people. There’s no other platform, as of this writing, that does this. And it’s really exciting that Snapchat does that.
So – if you love using social media platforms and are a big fan of chatting and snapping, then Snapchat is the platform to be on. From your birthday to the pink heart, Snapchat comprises so many emojis that teachers should now start teaching students about them in schools.
Haha, just kidding!
But I hope I was able to help you explore the meaning of different Snapchat emojis.
And if there are any that I missed out on, I’d love to know about them in the comments section. I’ll update this blog post if I think I missed out on any of them.
- What Does ISO, EUC, NWT & Other Slangs Mean on Facebook? Technometer
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Highlights? Technometer
- How to Recover Your Disabled Instagram Account? Technometer
- How to Reply to a Specific Instagram Message? Technometer
- How to Convert Instagram Video to MP4? Technometer
- How to Invite People to Like a Facebook Page? Technometer